Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An Explanation

Now, I have heard that there is a great deal of controversy over my decision to send Hermes to Earth to persuade Priam to find his son. However, I feel that what I did was the only appropriate thing I could do. Let me explain:
If I had not done this, Priam would have greatly suffered, both physically and emotionally, and if Priam had died then, the people of Troy would not have been able to handle the loss, after the loss of their beloved prince. Also, Achilles would have continued to try to mutilate Hector's body, to no avail, due to Apollo's protecting the corpse. However, because I did this, Priam was able to see his son again, and Achilles recieved a great deal of treasure, which he split with his friend, who had been killed at the hands of Hector.

No comments:

Post a Comment